Food is food and pets are pets; when my two sons and i lived in Wilmington, we were at the coffee shop one day when a FedEx package arrive for me from Maine. Marc being the cynical one wanted to know what I had purchased and I explained nothing that I could remember. We it turns out a friend of the three of us had gone to visit family in Maine and decided to send us two huge live maine Lobsters!
marc asked every customer that came in the shop, "how do we keep them from screaming when we cook them?" Many different ways were the answers that he received so he tried to find a tank that we could keep them in as pets but upon finding the expense; we decided to take them to my house on Sunday and cook them. We had kept them in the dry ice but but them in the freezer in a brown paper bag while we made the preparations to cook them.
I, in the meantime made fresh coleslaw, hushpuppies and potatoes to go with and some ice tea.
Time to cook the Lobsters!
I only had a certain size pot with a lid but figured it would be big enoug so I placed the water, a little oil and some butter in the pot with a dash of salt, the Lobsters were removed and with tongs I placed the first one in the water; only a small sound and then the second one would not go all the way in the pot so it was "screaming"; my son Marc took the lid of the pot and the tongs and proceeded to "get that thing " in the pot! My other son, Tim was laughing and trying to help all at the same time but it was hilarious! Well, the Lobsters cooked, we took them out got the "nut crackers" to get out the meat and we had a fantastic meal of Lobster from Maine! Need I say that Marc ate more Lobster than anyone! It was delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment